Skate for the Huska's
We have some friends who are going having some hard times so we decided to plan a fundraiser for them. It was a spur of the moment thing that totally worked out! Leslea and I had a busy busy week and a half but it turned out way better than we ever could have expected.
At Total Ice Training Center we organized a public skate, bbq and TONS of great raffle draws. Some people left there with some GREAT prizes!
Wade and Duane were the bbq men - and it was HOT out there!
I know that I complain about living in WL sometimes - but over these couple of weeks I have come to appreciate the generosity and compassion of people living here. People were throwing stuff at us! Everyone went out of their way to help the Huska and Fofonoff families. It was a great afternoon - a few hours of our time that is going to help this family - over $12,000 was raised and more is still coming in! We love you guys and THANK YOU again to everyone!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home