Friday, March 02, 2007

My permanent fixture for the next few weeks

Earlier this week I got my cast. My doctor decided to go straight to the aircast instead of a plaster walking cast. One thing that is better about the aircast is that I can take it off for bathing - no sweaty, itchy foot here! It is pretty big and bulky - kind of like wearing a ski boot 24/7. I still have to keep all my weight off it for the next two weeks - which sucks, but I want it to heal properly. Hopefully after those two weeks, I will be able to start walking on it. I went back to work at the hospital this week. I don't think I am really suppose to work, but I don't get paid for sick days so I need to work. My foot is still pretty sore, but I was able to put it up and do computer work when it was bothering me. I felt pretty useless and annoying when I had to ask people to hand me things or do things for me. I am also orientating in OR Booking. This is something I can handle because it is mostly sitting doing computer work and on the phone. When I did have to go to the OR and Day Surg, Chelsea pushed me around in a wheel chair. I can't wait till I can walk again!
So this is a picture of my bodies permanent fixture for the next 4-6 weeks.

1 Comments:

At 10:28 PM, Blogger Alan said...

Take advanatage of people while you can to help you, "push" you around, and help you when you need it... Gives you the power of authority... ha ha ha... You know I am also here for you when I can...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home